• We recommend booking at least 24-48 hours in advance to ensure the tour/space is available.
• We cannot guarantee any online booking request with less than 24 hour notice.
• Reservations require full payment in advance (except Youth Groups).
• For individual bookings, we require 48 hours notice for a full refund or if we cancel for any safety reason.
• Private & group reservations require 2 weeks notice for a full refund or if we cancel for any safety reason.
• Our tours and classes have small group sizes. We have a higher guide to customer ratio than other companies. We have held your space and turned away others so please do not ask for exceptions. We also cannot refund for no shows or lateness but will try to accommodate you with the next available tour that day or rental option. If we can fill your spots on a tour, we would be happy to refund you.
•We do not cancel for light rain, overcast skies or cool temperatures, as long as winds and the waters are calm. This is the best time for wildlife watching! Dense fog is temporary and may postpone launching. Strong wind is the most frequent reason we cancel, even on warm, sunny days. Coastal winds are very localized and can increase/change directions quickly.
• Spring, Summer & Fall : Typically, early morning and late afternoon are the calmest time of day to be on the water. The middle of the day is the windiest.
• During the winter (Nov - March): Rain/storm forecasts and actual conditions can vary widely, even between our two locations! If you are concerned about your reservation, call us a few hours before for a better idea of how local conditions might affect your trip.
ABOUT MONTEREY BAY KAYAKS We are a locally owned and operated small business that pioneered eco-tourism in 1985 and has been a leader in kayak recreation and education ever since! We have introduced over 350,000 people to our unique and beautiful area with naturalist led tours, comprehensive rental packages and classes with ACA trained instructors. Our mission is to provide a wonderful and exceptional experience for everyone while fostering stewardship of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary and the Elkhorn Slough National Estuarine Reserve.